Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Cleopatra's Fan Quilt

I had seen a quilt using the Cleopatra's Fan pattern and had pinned it to my board for future reference.  Then one of my local quilt stores, Creative Stitches, offered a class on it out of the blue.  Needless to say, it seemed like an omen.  So I gathered up my Joann's coupons and purchased my fabric.  (I couldn't buy it at the LQS as she has a small inventory and none fit my 'vision'.)


Not a great picture of the fabrics being used, but almost all of it is metallic.  The cream/gold on the left is my background and I have two constants I will be using, with the others filling in.


The green patterned fabric is one of my constants. The cream/gold, by background. There are 10 pieces in each half of the fan, so 20 total for each block.  A bit of curved seams and some planning involved.  This is not a block you can just sew on mindlessly.  In fact, I will probably draw up a template of the block so I can lay the pieces out on to be sure I have the right fabric in the right spot.  This will be a quilt I work on over an extended period of time.  No rushing here.


This is my finished block.  I'm not trimming it until I get all of the blocks done just to be sure.  But I think Cleopatra would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment