Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Another Off the To-Do List and Onto the WIP List

Back when Lady K was still a small thing, I purchased a panel of flannel and the backing for a quilt for her.  And it languished in the 'to-do' pile.  So when a friend announced she was going to be a grandmother, it seemed like the perfect time to pull out the panel and move it from 'to-do' to 'WIP'.


It's not going to be a huge quilt by any means.  But it will be a nice size to throw on the floor or tuck in a stroller.  And being flannel, it will wear well.  Lady K has talked to me about the animals as I've started working on it.


But this is one of the reasons why I originally bought the panel.  I wanted to quilt it using embroidery floss and big stitches.  I plan on outlining the animals and the borders which should give it some 'quiltiness'.  I also doubled the batting to make it nice and soft and puffy.

It feels good to have embroidery floss in the needle again.  It has been years since I could rattle off the color just hearing the DMC number.  I am using all 6 strands and just outlining, but it is fun.  Enough fun I will be digging out the Christmas stocking and working on it.  But I don't plan on having it finished for this year.  

So off to knit before off to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment