Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Harley Quinn Headaches

The pattern for Harley Quinn is fairly simple.  I did a muslin mock-up one afternoon a few months ago to test the fit.  Easy-peasy...

Well, maybe.

You see, there is a very DEFINITE order to the red and black.  Red is on the right and black on the left.  Ok, got it.

Except...

When you do the hooded shrug.  There, the shrug is black on the right, red on the left and then the hood is back to red on the right, black on the left.


So, because I tend to get distracted and am lucky to the the right side facing out (especially if listening to/watching Tour de France coverage), I have to do this.

Lay it out on the table, label the sides and get up and do one thing at a time.

It's a bit more time consuming, but this way (hopefully) I will not be ripping out seams to reverse colors.

Of the five pieces to the costume, the tube top, skirt (complete with the diamond appliqués) and the bustle.  Shrug and corset left to do and two weeks to go.  My plan is to do the shrug after work today and then the corset over the next couple of days.  Then I will have it done about 10 days early!  Which will make Texter very, very happy.

After this?

Lady K is demanding "PANTS, grandma!"  So pants for her and an article of clothing for me or Savvy.  She needs some summerish clothes for work.  And catching up on some quilting.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! I am horrible with sleeves, and always end up putting them on the wrong side, or upside down. :(
    This is an ambitious project, and I'm sure it's gonna be amazing when it's done. A seamstress' work is never done. Maybe you could make a Danearys dress for yourself, for comic con? :)

    ReplyDelete