I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I HAD TO HAVE IT!
It sat here for a couple of weeks while I pondered and thought, and thought and pondered. Oh, no, no regular patch for the Grinch. And then I spied these postings by Exuberant Color using the Fractured quilt pattern.
The more I looked,
The more I spied,
This was the one,
I could not deny!
And to make it a go, the pattern is by Kathy Doughty of Material Obsessions and I had the book already!
So (forgetting to take pictures BEFORE I started cutting up the fabric), I cut out my blocks yesterday afternoon and starting piecing my "Fractured Grinch". It won't be a full size quilt (unless I can't resist and get more fabric), but it will be a fun quilt.
(Please note the glass of iced tea to the left. It is also a "must" for the sewing room.)
Some of the fractured squares waiting to be turned into blocks.
With all the cutting and hacking, hacking and cutting, I managed to get three blocks completed. There are 4 blocks to this quilt, A, B, C, and D (very Seuss-like, don't you think) and I have 3 of the 4 Block A's done.
My lighting for the blocks is not the greatest in the basement. But they are BRIGHT! And wonky! I am so excited about doing this quilt because, so far, it is coming together like I pictured a Seuss quilt would be. Texter is going to be my assistant in laying out the blocks. However, she has some definite ideas about how the fabrics should be combined, so there might be an issue here in the future, we will see.