I set aside my central medallion for the Marcelle Medallion quilt. The Y-seam was getting my goat and I was getting frustrated, so I set it aside until I could approach it without wanting to wad it up and throw it out.
So, in the meantime, Texter and Lady K threw in a couple of projects on me.
The first one, which is finished all except for the stuffing, is a large floor pillow. Based on a McCalls pattern, I made it out of flannel from my stash.
The finished size is about 27 x 27 inches and will make a nice play pillow for Lady K.
The other project will take a little longer to accomplish. Texter and I are making stuffed baby blocks. I saw this tutorial on Sew Like My Mom and decided it would be nice for Lady K. However, Texter took it a step further and wanted the entire alphabet and numbers.
So we have the letters cut out and with fusible webbing on them, are putting them on the blocks. I, however, got the great idea of rather than machine appliquéing them, I would do a blanket stitch around them to be sure they stay on well. I have 6 letters down and only 30 more letters and numbers left to stitch. But it is a great project for sitting in front of the TV in the evening and doing.
I had purchased several yards of flannel when Joann's had it on sale, so we are using it for the blocks. Today we are finishing up cutting out 36 4.5" squares from each fabric and ironing on the letters to the different colors of blocks. Then they will go into my stitching bag to blanket stitch before we assemble them into actual blocks.
Luckily, we have coupons for both Michael's and Joann's for polyfil. We will need a ton of it for 36 blocks. And a large bin to keep them in. But can you imagine a kid sitting in a pile of cushy blocks to play with. I want to play too!